Click here for our Contact-us Form.
- Why are your prices so good?
- Can I make changes to my listing?
- Can I change the order in which the information is listed on my page?
- How quickly can my listing be put online?
- How can I make my photos look better on the web?
- How do I change my property thumbnail photo?
- What is an outdoor shower?
- I want lots of calls, what's the best way to do this?
- I'm not getting bookings even though I am receiving emails and calls?
- Can I link to my personal Web site in my listing?
- How many properties can I list on my page?
- I forgot my password; what should I do?
- How do I contact you?
Q: Why are your prices so good?
A: We are family owned and operated, keeping prices down for you. We started GoVacation back in 1996. We are proud to say that were are truly one of the pioneers of Vacation Rental Directories.
Q: Can I make changes to my listing?
A: Sure, you can make changes anytime. Just sign in with your login and password. In the left-hand column, click on the word "Edit" which is next to your listing number. Each section of your listing is represented by the tabs across the top of the page. Hit the "Next Step" button on the bottom to get to the next tab of information. You‘ll have to go through all the pages in order to "Activate your listing". Your updates will be posted live immediately.
Q: Can I change the order in which the information is listed on my page?
A: No, our templates are set up so ALL listings look consistent. Travelers get to know these templates so that they may access your information quickly. By using the same template, travelers know exactly where to find your rates, photos, policies, etc.
Q: How quickly can my listing be put online?
A: Your listing will be added instantly.
Q: How can I make my photos look better on the web?
A: The web uses a resolution of only 72 dpi whereas your photo may be printed using a much higher quality. Therefore, good lighting is crucial. If your house sits in the middle of large dark trees, don't take your photo in the evening or on a dark overcast day. You many not get the contrast you need in your photo to see details. Try taking photos on days with sunshine.
Pictures in JPEG format can loose clarity each time you edit and save the image. Therefore, perform as many edits as possible in one session so you're not saving the JPEG format repeatedly.
Polaroid pictures aren't great quality and shouldn't be scanned and used on your web page. Scanning them will only lessen the quality again.
Scanning photos from books, magazines or brochures often results in low quality, fuzzy photos with an interference pattern call moire. This is due to a 4-color printing process. To remove moire patterns, try this link http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/apsremovemoire.htm
Another way to avoid this is to re-shoot the photo yourself with your camera.
To process a great web photo from a scanned image, follow these 4 tips:
- Scan the photo and save at a high resolution (150 - 300 dpi, at least)
- Crop the picture by taking away any unnecessary background.
- Reduce the picture to a width of 320 pixels and a height of 240 pixels. If you are using inches, try for 3 1/2" x 5" or 4" x 6". Never scale up a picture or increase the size, you will loose definition and clarity.
- Reduce the photo to 72 dpi (always the LAST step). If you reduce the resolution of your picture before you reduce the picture size, you will lose picture definition and clarity. So follow the steps in order for the best Web quality.
Q: How do I change my property thumbnail photo?
A: Just sign in with your login and password. In the left-hand column, click on the word "Edit" which is next to your listing number. Each section of your listing is represented by the tabs across the top of the page. Hit the "Next Step" button on the bottom to get to the next tab of information. Until you reach the "Update Photos" section. To change the main thumbnail photo, upload your photo in the top box which is labeled "Main Photo". The photo you have chosen as your thumbnail will display on the search results page for your property as well as your top photo.
"What is considered a half or a full bathroom?"
A half bathroom includes a toilet and sink but no shower or bath tub. Full bathrooms include a toilet, sink and a shower/bath tub.
Q: What is an outdoor shower?
A: An outdoor shower is shower area located outside mostly used to wash off sand after being on a beach. Some rentals have an outdoor shower to wash off debris before getting in their pool or to wash the chlorine off after swimming. If a rental has an outdoor shower, it would be listed in the “Pool/Spa?section of the amenities.
Q: I want lots of calls, what's the best way to do this?
A: Here are some things that will help you to get bookings:
* Add more photos. Add the maximum amount of pictures which is 12. Make sure your pictures are clear and bright. Include pictures of the outside surroundings as well, especially if you are located on or near water. Also, keep the photos current. The listings that have more photos tend to get more hits, which leads to more bookings. Remember, a picture says 1000 words.
* When adding or updating your property take the time to checkmark all the amenities you have to offer and fill in the rates section.
* Choose to Feature Your Property to be listed at the top of the page. You can be featured on the home page, the state landing page, or both. To be a featured property, an additional cost is involved. You can do this when you edit your property, the pricing is listed there.
* Check your Availability Calendar. Keep your calendar current.
* Check your Rental Rates. Keep your rental rates current and updated regularly.
Q: I'm not getting bookings even though I am receiving emails and calls?
A: The first thing to consider is price. If you're getting inquiries, than you know you are receiving traffic on your listing page and they are interested enough to contact you. If you aren't getting bookings from those inquiries, price would most likely be the reason. Compare your rental rates to nearby rentals.We provide large collections of replica designer handbags with the lowest price. Also, make sure your photos are sharp, clear and enticing. Mention all amenities and positive attributes about your property, even nearby activities, attractions, restaurants, etc.
Q: Can I link to my personal Web site in my listing?
A: Yes. If you already have a website, we will place a link to it on your listing page, if your website meets our link requirements. We feel that if you are paying for a website each month, that you want to use it. All links must point to a website you own and to a domain that belongs to you. We won’t place links to our competitors websites.
Q: How many properties can I list on my page?
A: One property per listing. They should be listed separately. We don’t combine listings so travelers aren’t confused when searching for a certain amount of bedrooms or bathrooms. Combining properties on one page would disrupt the flow of GoVacation and is not allowed.
Q: I forgot my password; what should I do?
A: On the Log In page, click "Forgot Password" and follow the instructions. A password will be emailed to you.
Q: How do I contact you?